Writer, Gaming and Entertainment (Remote)
Our client is a high-growth, multi-platform new media company with a 20 year successful track record and 120 staff and content providers. Their own and partner sites achieved 463m page views in the second quarter of 2022, from 178m users.
We are looking for a Gaming and Entertainment writer to work across multiple gaming sites.
So to be a successful candidate you will demonstrate a strong track record of writing for similar topics in an online publishing business.
A creative individual with a background in the world of video games, you will be able to find unique angles within breaking news stories that will cut through the noise, engage readers and help increase revenues. An understanding of SEO best practices, trending and evergreen content, Google Discover and Social Media strategies will be an advantage.
Our client is a UK based, remote company and applicants are asked to apply only if they have a right to work in the UK, are prepared to work remotely and enjoy doing so.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Collaborate with other content writers to help ensure no stone goes unturned with new releases of games, TV shows, movies and more
- Help to grow our client sites gaming profiles within the games and entertainment media space
- Develop and pitch your own content as well as writing reviews, previews, guides and other content on the site
- Previous experience growing an audience in a serious publisher
- A deep understanding of the games and entertainment industries and games media spaces
- A successful track record of generating content that drives search, Google and social media traffic
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous fact-checking
- Taking the lead on interesting projects with interesting people
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company Pension contribution
- A professional but friendly working environment
Apply via email using the link below. Include your CV, a little bit about you, some examples of projects you’ve worked on, and why you’d like to work with us.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll arrange a telephone call with you soon after that.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment firm, as are our clients.