Senior SEO Writer (UK)
Our client is a high-growth, multi-platform new media company with a 20 year successful track record and 150 staff and content providers. They have an open, collaborative and dynamic culture which encourages people to thrive, and give their best whilst being supported and developed.
SEO will sit at the core of the publishing operation and will constantly evolve, driving search traffic, growing new audiences, and building engagement and loyalty with readers. As an SEO writer, you will work closely with the editorial and the central audience development teams in developing and delivering their content.
Our client is looking for an exceptional and enterprising UK based, remote Senior SEO Writer to join the hard-working team. Reporting to the Head of Entertainment, the role will deliver on SEO strategy to produce engaging and highly searchable content. If you are a highly organised, meticulous planner with a flair for creativity, then you will be a great fit.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Research and produce digital media content for our domestic/ global audience
- Convert robust research and insights into tangible storytelling narratives, particularly in the fields of celebrity culture
- Help improve best practice in order to drive global SEO and online content, across all sites
- Seek interview opportunities with stars and celebrities in film, television, entertainment
- Employ innovative thinking in all SEO focused writing
- Pitch original ideas, sourcing content and contacts to produce stories
- Monitor and analyse audience engagement on Google Trends to drive new material
- Help lead junior writing staff and freelancers
- SEO writing background in a digital publishing environment
- A very strong understanding of the principles of SEO
- Familiar with SEO tools, e.g. Google Trends, Semrush, Google Search Console
- Proven track-record of increasing audience acquisition through data-led journalism
- A brilliant understanding of SEO and audience development – including in-depth knowledge of how to optimise content for organic search and Google News / Top Stories
- Data-led approach to journalism and a fast-paced and innovative approach to commissioning, writing, and publishing
- Understanding of digital journalism and the TV and entertainment landscape
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to use data to inform editorial decisions
- Great news sense and ability to write, commission and publish content quickly and accurately
- NCTJ qualified/ good understanding of media law
Apply via email using the link below. Include your CV, a little bit about you, some examples of projects you’ve worked on, and why you’d like to work with us.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll arrange a telephone call with you soon after that.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment firm, as are our clients.