Entertainment Editor, India (time zone)
This is an overnight UK BST 2am – 10am role, supporting our India based team of writers.
Our client is a high-growth, multi-platform new media company with a 20 year successful track record and 150 staff and content providers. Their own and partner sites achieved 463m page views in the second quarter of 2022, from 178m users.
We are looking for a UK based, remote, night editor to cover their Entertainment brands, all of which are well-known websites. The role will take an editorial lead and ensure content accuracy and SEO optimisation from the team’s writing and also deputise for other editors when required. To be a candidate for this role, you will have worked for a successful global publisher that attracts visitors through Google organic, Discover, social media and aggregation and email sources.
Reporting directly to the Head of Entertainment, your other key relationships in this role will be the Head of Audience and the SEO Editor. As editor for night content, you will draw on your writing and editing experience and be responsible for the night time output across the Entertainment sites, ensuring best practices are embedded into all content.
As well as the big picture, each site will require its own stewardship around its unique content and tactical needs. You will ensure content optimization across all areas of the article; writing, structure, graphics and SEO, to ensure good organic reach and engagement on social media and communities.
Candidates will have exceptional editorial experience and a working knowledge of Google Discover and Google search, and be able to demonstrate a good all-around experience in optimising content to increase views.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Providing editor coverage for a team of 4-6 night time writers and freelancers
- Liaising with head of Entertainment and editors for best practice in writers’ work
- Ensuring that tags, meta-descriptions and relevant keywords optimised for SEO
- Providing feedback and training video tutorials to writers
- Optimising titles and graphics for Google and social media platforms
- Provide feedback and offer solutions on the development of writers
- Managing writers with one-on-one feedback
- Writing headlines for Google, SEO, social media and news aggregation purposes
- Optimising images for Google, Social Media and SEO purposes
- Working with the Yoast SEO tool on WordPress
- Knowledge of media laws, sensitive and libelous content
Apply via email using the link below. Include your CV, a little bit about you, some examples of projects you’ve worked on, and why you’d like to work with us.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll arrange a telephone call with you soon after that.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment firm, as are our clients.